SHOP-LABEL CARE GUIDE
We source high quality brands and products which are made to last and treasure. Taking good care of your much-loved pieces is key to their longevity, so we have put together some useful tips on how to care for each different fabrication below.
CASHMERE AND KNITS
- We recommend hand washing your cashmere but you can also machine wash if you have a “delicate/woolens” cycle on your washing machine.
- Treat stains with a clean cloth and dab of water, or for more stubborn stains use a very gentle stain remover.
- Use a cashmere/wool friendly hand wash detergent and wash inside out. Do not use a fabric softener as it shortens the lifespan of the garment.
- To drain excess water, lay garment flat on a towel then roll up in the towel. Make sure you don’t stretch the sweater when doing this. Arrange it back to its natural shape and leave to dry flat.
- Do not iron or tumble dry, use a steamer if you have one otherwise just hang the garment once dry and creases should relax.
- Store your cashmere in a breathable storage bag and make it sure it is clean (especially when storing in-between seasons). Keep moths away with cedar blocks.
- Cashmere pills can be easily removed with a cashmere comb, sweater stone, de-pilling device or (for the brave) a sharp razor.
- We recommend machine washing your denim inside out in cold water to preserve the colour and elasticity in stretch denim fabrications.
- Coated denim should not be washed as the coating will eventually rub off. Rather place them inside a ziplock bag and put them in the freezer for about a week. This will remove odours and bacteria.
- Don’t use detergent that contain brighteners and don’t use fabric softener as this will wear down the fabric and elasticity faster.
- Leave to dry naturally or tumble dry on a low/cool setting.
- Don’t iron your denim, this will damage the elasticity and make them wear
- Do take note that denim is meant to fade and whisker naturally over time.
- Most brands recommend dry cleaning silk garments, but you can also hand wash them
- If you have a trusted “delicate” setting on your washing machine then you can use that too, but always use a laundry bag and wash with like colours.
- Hand wash in cold water only and use a mild laundry detergent optimised for delicate fabrics.
- Don’t twist and wring-out the excess water from your silk items, rather place them on a white cotton towel, fold the towel over and gently blot it.
- Never use a tumble dryer!
- Hang the garment on a hanger to drip dry inside and away from direct sunlight. Sun will cause silks to fade and discolour.
- Always get a professional to clean your leather and suede.
- Spray your suede or leather shoes with a protectant to prevent stains. A suede eraser is also a handy tool for removing marks.
- Keep your leather jackets and shoes clean by regularly wiping them down with a soft, dry cloth. For suede a bristled brush works well too just keep the strokes in one direction.
- To prevent fading, don’t leave leather or suede in direct sunlight.